An exciting opportunity to make impactful contributions: We’re hiring a DevOps / Cloud Senior Engineer to join our growing team! As a DevOps / Cloud Senior Engineer, you are a subject-matter expert on topics such as monitoring, redundancy, fault-tolerance, and disaster recovery at scale. You’ll maintain and grow our infrastructure, and provision, configure and monitor all of our services. You will continuously explore ways to improve our technology operations such as setting up continuous deployment, testing, and configuration management systems. You'll be working with systems built using Ubuntu, PHP, MySQL, Postgres, Redis and many AWS products, all operating as high-availability, large-scale, mission-critical services.
We truly believe that DevOps is a mindset, not just a role. This means that we are not looking for someone to be the go-to person for all things cloud / infrastructure, but rather, setup, demonstrate, and teach the foundation and best practices for our full stack development teams to build upon and grow.
- Support our engineering team to ship high quality, bug-free features
- Coach, mentor and enable other DevOps engineers, developers and testers
- Create and document processes that enable our team members to onboard quickly
- Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates provisioning, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of services of our cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Working with external vendors on infrastructure integrations and solutions
- Constantly finding ways to automate and enable self-serve capabilities
- Continually share knowledge of best practices, trends, competition, etc.
- 5+ years in a DevOps / Cloud Engineer / Systems Engineer role or equivalent
- Strong understanding of web application architecture and patterns in a high-volume, highly available, scalable environment
- Strong experience configuring and maintaining Linux systems (e.g. Ubuntu)
- Extensive production experience with AWS products (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront, VPC, etc.)
- Experience with networking, VPC, security, caching, DNS, CDNs, load balancing, and low-level performance tuning
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, etc.)
- Used configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Knowledge of role-based access control (RBAC) or identity management best practices for internal users
- Competency in one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with system monitoring tools (NewRelic, Prometheus, StatsD, etc.)
- Ability to pick up any technology quickly, comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases, self-motivated, and a high level of attention to detail
- AWS Certification - bonus
Perks & Benefits
- Flexibility to work onsite or 100% remotely
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- 100% employer-paid premiums for health, dental and vision benefits
- Annual wellness allowance, education allowance, and charitable donation matching
- Macbook and home office setup support
- Fun team building activities, events, and social hour Fridays
We craft beautiful, simple, end-to-end software solutions that meet the needs of 800,000+ photographers and creative professionals world-wide.
We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work™️ and Best Workplace in Technology™ . We’ve been recognized in the Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50, and Globe and Mail’s Top Growth Companies in Canada. Pixieset is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with an office in Chișinău, Moldova.
We love what we do, and we love the people we work with. At Pixieset, being committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of our keys for success. We believe that talent is talent and that having many different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences makes for a stronger team.
For more information on Pixieset, please visit our careers page and follow us Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!